UPDATED: Jan 05, 2020.
Cleaning a house can be a tiring chore that most homeowners don’t like, but it must be done. Thanks to the advancement in technology, now you can get a robotic vacuum cleaner to do the job for you. One such model is the iRobot Roomba 652 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner.
In this review, we will look at the features, pros, and cons of the Roomba 652 and also look at some of the frequently asked questions about this cleaner.
- 1 Key Features
- 2 Roomba 652 Review
- 3 Differences between the Roombas 652, 614, and 690
- 4 Pros and Cons of Roomba 652
- 5 FAQs about iRobot Roomba 652
- 6 Final Verdict
Let’s start by looking at the key features of the Roomba 652. They include:
- Intelligent sensors – The sensors help the cleaner to clean around and under furniture to guarantee maximum cleaning.
- 3 stage cleaning system – What this means is that the machine feature dual multi-surface brushes that pick all the dirt on your hardwood or carpet floor.
- Cleaning scheduler – The Roomba 652 allows you to set it to clean your home when you are away at least once per day. You can accomplish that by pressing a simple button.
- Dirt detection sensors – Dirt detection sensors enable the vacuum cleaner to give a thorough cleaning on surfaces with more dirt, such as high traffic areas.
- Auto-adjust cleaning head – The head can adjust automatically to lower or increase the vacuum’s height. The feature comes in handy to allow you to clean every surface in your home.
- Cliff detection sensors – These are one of the best sensors that you can find on a robotic cleaner. The sensors help the vacuum cleaner to avoid falling off the stairs when cleaning your home.
Roomba 652 Review
You no longer need to move the heavy furniture when cleaning your house if you have the Roomba 652 from iRobot. The robot cleaner comes with some of these features and specs:
Roomba 652 might be one of the best vacuum cleaners for cleaning carpets on the market today. It can clean all your carpets effectively, no matter where they are located.
Besides, the model is made to maneuver effortlessly on your carpet to ensure that cleans all dirt. Its carpet cleaning ability is further enhanced by the 3-stage cleaning system to make sure it sucks all the dirt from this surface.
Hard Floor Cleaning
When you can to think about it, we all want a robot cleaner that can vacuum our floors with ease. That is especially if you have a hard floor.
Luckily you can depend on the Roomba 652 to remove pet hair, dust, dander, and other debris from the floor. The model can easily handle your hard floor to leave it sparkling clean.
One feature that makes it a convenient vacuum cleaner is the multi-surface brushes which allow you to vacuum every kind of debris and dirt from your home. As well, it comes with dirt detection sensors that let your cleaner detect the high traffic areas to clean them more thoroughly.
Pet Hair Removal
Anyone with a cat or dog as a pet will find this cleaner to be useful in collecting its hair from any floors. After all, pets usually move from places to places, leaving hair and other messes.
It also has sensors that look for pet hair under the furniture to ensure that there is no spot missed. What’s more, robot cleaner easily adjusts its height to clean other kinds of floors.
Ease of Use
There is no need of getting a vacuum cleaner that is complicated to use or then one that requires a professional to set its cleaning schedule. Luckily, the Roomba 652 is easy to use and comes with a user’s manual that can guide you.
The best part, you only need to press CLEAN, and the robot cleaner will do the rest. Another thing, you don’t need to move your cleaner from room to room when cleaning your home.
It comes with sensors that help it to navigate around and avoid bumping into obstacles.
If smart technology is what you are looking for, then the Roomba 652 is the model to choose. You can easily use this technology to schedule the cleaning time.
With that technology, you don’t need to keep on setting your vacuum cleaner now and then. Besides, it is straightforward to program the cleaner, and you can schedule it to clean up to 7 times per week.
That means that the Roomba 652 cleaner can clean your house every day to ensure that there won’t be any sticky mess in the future. The best part, you can easily set the schedule by setting the date and time of cleaning.
The iRobot official website also contains a video that shows how the Roomba 600 series works and how you can set them.
The model was designed to provide a maximum of 60 minutes of continuous cleaning. When it is full and press the clean button, the vacuum cleaner will produce a green light.
After a while, when the battery gets low, the light will change to yellow, and when it is dead, you will see a red color. One thing you should note is that the cleaner returns to the charging base when the battery gets low.
It also returns to the charging base when it is done with the cleaning chore.
Maintenance and Cleaning
You will need to clean your Roomba 652 vacuum cleaner regularly to ensure that it provides maximum power. The model is small, meaning that it can’t store lots of grime.
Also, when maintaining the cleaner, check for dirt that might have stuck on the brushes. The dirt can minimize its performance and leave some places dirty.
You might also be excited to learn that the iRobot Roomba 652 comes with a 2 years warranty. The warranty covers problems that might arise before the two years are over.
Also, note that if you use a 3rd party spare par, your warranty will be voided.
Differences between the Roombas 652, 614, and 690
One major difference between the 652 model and the 614 unit is that the Roomba 652 lets you set the program directly from the machine. The 614 works when you press its power button and doesn’t provide the ability to programing the schedule.
That one difference means that it is better to get the 652 models since it can clean your house when you are away. What’s more, the two cleaners cost almost the same price, so you will end up buying more features at the same price.
The Roomba 652 is also lightweight when compared to the 614 models. You can easily carry it down or up to the stairs with ease.
The model is limited when compared with the Roomba 690 vacuum cleaner. It might not have all the fancy features of the 690, but you can count on it to be effective.
Pros and Cons of Roomba 652
Just like any other vacuum cleaner, the iRobot Roomba 652 has some benefits and some shortcomings.
- Cleans pet hair – The 652 is the right vacuum cleaner for cleaning pet hair. That is possible due to the 3-stage cleaning technology.
- Price – One notable thing about the Roomba 652 is the incredible price. You will also get value for the money when you get this model.
- Warranty – The 12 months limited warranty is a great addition to the already great features of the cleaner.
- Auto-scheduling – The seven 7 presets let you schedule your vacuum cleaner to clean your house even when you are away.
- Charging base – When the model has finished the cleaning task, it returns to the charging base, making it very efficient.
- Price – Although the cleaner is well priced, it almost cost as much as the Roomba 690. What this means is that you won’t get iRobot Home App and Wi-Fi connectivity that you can get in 690 when you purchase the Roomba 652.
FAQs about iRobot Roomba 652
Q: How Long Does the iRobot Roomba 652 Last?
A: The Roomba vacuum cleaners can last for between 3 to 5 years. However, this will depend on how you maintain your cleaner and how often it cleans.
Q: Does Roomba 652 Produce a Lot of Noise?
A: Roomba products are a bit loud, but they are quieter compared to upright vac cleaners. If you hate noise, you should schedule the cleaner to vacuum your home when you are away.
Q: Is Roomba 652 Worth the Money?
A: It is clear that Roomba 652 is an excellent gadget. The cleaner can vacuum floors, clean them, and remove all dirt.
Q: Does Roomba 652 Map the House?
A: Yes. The cleaner maps the house to ensure that it cleans every corner of your home.
The iRobot Roomba 652 Vacuum Cleaner is, without a doubt an excellent machine. The amount of effort, money, and time saved is astonishing.
And at about 10 pounds, the model is compact and lightweight enough. Overall, it is a highly recommended model that you should consider buying.