UPDATED: Jan 05, 2020.
The iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot is an excellent machine that provides the most effective cleaning ability. But what makes the cleaner stand out from other vacuums?
Check out our Roomba 805 review to learn more about the machine. We have all the specs, features, pros, and cons of this cleaner.
Roomba 805 Specifications
What does the Roomba 805 offer?
- Product dimensions: 18.2 x 16.5 x 5.5 inches
- Product weight: 8.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: iRobot
- Batteries: Lithium-ion battery
Roomba 805 Design
Overall, this cleaner has a smooth design and is found in black color. It also features three round rings that serve a different purpose to make the cleaner more effective.
There is also a disk that drives around the surface and cleans your room and even the floors. The machine can quickly wash a 3.6 inches path and will move under the furniture without any hassle.
It is also a lightweight cleaner that weighs around 8.4 pounds, meaning that it is quite portable.
Roomba 805 Technology
There are different technologies that you should note about this cleaner. These are:
The technology provides the vacuum with the ability to use various sensors when moving around your home. It also lets it avoid stairs and other areas that it can fall to the ground.
iRobot ensures that the cleaner adjusts automatically when moving from floor to floor such as hardwood to laminate to tiling to carpet, and others. The model achieves that without losing power.
Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers
The cleaner doesn’t map out its movement or update you on what it is doing, but it does come with wall barriers. That means you can keep the unit to one area.
People often look for a robot vacuum that can navigate easily around the home without knocking things. Although it comes with virtual walls that prevent it from accessing some areas, it can be fun if you let it move freely.
It quickly moves around a large area but cannot move to another room if it comes across an obstacle. That is all possible due to the “bumping” navigation that prevents it from running over obstacles.
Thus, you might need to lift your cleaner if it happens to get jammed. The best part is it will notify you when that happens.
Roomba 805 Suction Power
Suction power is a significant feature that you should consider when buying a vacuum cleaner. The manufacturer has uplifted the unit’s power, as seen below:
- The robot comes with an AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter that collects up to 99% of particles, allergens, and small pollen as tiny as 10 microns. That means the cleaner can remove 50% more dirt compared to other models.
- The model is useful in cleaning dirt and debris from edges and corners as it comes with a Rotating Side Brush that takes the trash to the cleaning system.
- It is also able to Automatically Adjust to suit the surface it is cleaning, such as laminate, tiles, carpets, and hardwood floors.
- Another feature that makes it more powerful is the two Dual-Model Virtual Wall Barriers that notify the cleaner when to add more power when cleaning, like high traffic areas.
Roomba 805 Mobility
A robotic vacuum cleaner is as reliable as its maneuverability. One thing you should release is that a lightweight model is good, but an extremely light cleaner might not have the right grip when moving around.
That means that the robot can easily lose suction power. Besides, a unit with a high height might not move under the sofa and furniture.
The model is lightweight and also short enough to provide maximum mobility.
3-Stage Cleaning System
Another feature of the iRobot Roomba 805 that you should know is the 3-stage cleaning system. These are three layers of cleaning.
The manufacturer made it run a useful collection of dirt of the floors using a high suction which is 5x stronger than most Roomba cleaners. That means that the unit can easily collect all the dust from the floors.
What’s more, the 3-stage cleaning system is powered by a lithium-ion battery to ensure that you get a long cleaning time.
Roomba 805 Battery
The model comes with a lithium-ion battery that lasts three times longer than most batteries out there for vacuum cleaners. Roomba 805 docks when the battery is dried to get recharged.
But before that, the battery provides about 2 hours cleaning without losing suction power. And the best thing is that the machine knows when it is time to head to the charging base.
That means you can use your robot without worrying about losing charge since it knows when the time is right for charging. Also, the unit heads back to the charging base once it is done with the cleaning.
Other Roomba 805 Features
The model offers some unique things that you should know about, such as:
- Schedule feature – You can schedule the vac to clean up to seven times a week. It can clean even during the night.
- Dust capacity – It comes with a large dust cup that can hold a lot of dust, debris, dirt, hair, and other material. You should empty the bin when it is full or before the next cleaning session.
- Little noise – The unit produces a noise of 70db, so it can easily clean your room while you are resting.
- Accessories – Its package comes with 4 AA batteries, one extra filter, home base charging station, and 2 Dual-Mode virtual wall barriers.
Pros and Cons
We have already mentioned some of the pros and cons of the cleaner, which includes:
- Easy to grasp the vacuum
- Able to clean the edge and corners
- Easy to operate and schedule the cleaning
- Extremely durable
- Provides great cleaning suction
- Comes in only black color
- It cannot cover all the area in one day
iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot is a durable, reliable, and efficient vacuum cleaner that you should consider buying. We have covered all its significant features in the above review.