UPDATED: Oct 10, 2019.
A barrel sauna is designed in the shape of a barrel and is used for the people who enter it to be able to undergo either a dry or wet sitting. The basic concept of a barrel sauna is easy assembly; ease of shipping or transport, and it does not require an expert to set up once the barrel sauna kit has been received.
At a Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Barrel Sauna Kit:
- The Audra Sauna by Almost Heaven Saunas (Top Pick)
- ALEKO Finnish White Pine Wet Dry Barrel Sauna (Top Rated)
- Finnish Finland Pine Wood Barrel Sauna (Editor Choice)
- RDX 4-6 Persons Hemlock Wooden Barrel Sauna
- Allwood Barrel Sauna #300-WHP Wood Heater
Top 5 Barrel Saunas
When people enter a sauna they are seeking the therapy and benefits of a lot of heat and steam, which will result in their perspiring. Some believe that infrared therapy is a form of the sauna; however, the Finnish sauna organizations do not consider infrared heat therapy to be the same as a sauna.
To get the most out of your barrel sauna kit, you need to get the best product according to your needs. If you’re not sure what’s the best product for you, don’t miss out on these highly rated kits.
1. The Audra Indoor/Outdoor Sauna by Almost Heaven Saunas
- The first barrel type sauna on the list is handcrafted in the USA and can be easily put together by two people.
- This sauna is roomy enough for four people to sit comfortably inside.
- Temperature reaches 150 Fahrenheit in thirty minutes and in shorter than one hour will be a steamy 190 – 195 degrees.
- This is one of the best saunas being sold currently. It has bench seats that are large enough for an adult to stretch their legs out fully and be able to relax while inside.
- To accent the redwood finish, one can apply a clear coating to it to make this barrel sauna even more beautiful.
- Advertises there is room for four people in the sauna with 6×6 bench seats. There is actually only room for two adults to sit, with knees bent on the bench.
The Audra Indoor/Outdoor Sauna by Almost Heaven Saunas is one of the best saunas that are being produced. This sauna brings to the consumer all the benefits of having a home sauna. This sauna has the front wall section set back, which gives an augmented appearance to the sauna as well as the functioning porch, giving it a more appealing look.
This barrel sauna is created to permit the wood to expand and contract; therefore, forming a tight seal. The polymer support keeps the undercarriage away from the ground by cradling the entire unit.
2. ALEKO SB8PINECP Finnish White Pine Indoor Outdoor Wet Dry Barrel Sauna Steam Room
- There is room for eight people in this barrel sauna
- Wet/dry capability
- Constructed of a thick-white Finnish pine
- Comes pre-assembled with built-in vent holes
- Has the indoor or outdoor capability
- Sauna heater is made to heat for one hour at a time
- Need to reset the timer after an hour if you need to keep the sauna hot for longer than one -hour
There are proven mental and physical health benefits to the recurrent use of a sauna. Having the Aleko SB8PINECP Finnish White Pine indoor/Outdoor Wet/Dry Barrel Sauna Steam Room at home will also show great improvement to your mental and physical well-being. Having daily use of a sauna will aid in your unwinding after a stressful day at the office by allowing your tight, overworked muscles to loosen up and relax.
The barrel design allows for maximum interior space while decreasing the amount of cubic feet the sauna takes up. Tempered glass is used as not only a means to create a quiet, relaxing atmosphere; but also as a way to handle extreme temperatures that the sauna creates.
If you are searching for a way to improve your mind and body and create a relaxing environment for you to experience at the end of the day, then the Aleko SB8PINECP Finnish Barrel Sauna Steam Room is just what you have been looking for. This is one of the best barrel saunas on the market today.
3. Finnish Finland Pine Wood Barrel Sauna
- Constructed from a Grade A Finnish Pine
- Is roomy enough for four people
- Has tinted, tempered glass door for additional privacy
- Has a Bitumen shingle roof
- Has two wooden backrests to allow maximum relaxation
- Standard shipping via Freight Courier is for curbside only using a lift gate
- Item may not be able to be delivered to physical location
The benefits of a barrel sauna are numerous– you will sleep better, have better blood circulation, your metabolism will show an improvement.
Regular use of a sauna also aids in the prevention of heart disease, relaxes tired and sore muscles.
Moreover, it helps heal the cold and flu, aids in the reduction of fatigue, cleans and nourishes your skin, decreases the fat in your body which results in your being more physically fit, relieves any muscle or joint pains, as well as flushing your body of any toxins.
When you purchase the Finnish Finland Pinewood Barrel Sauna you will be getting the finest in pinewood, that is 1 -3/8 inches thick. This allows for greater strength, durability, and insulation
4. RDX 4-6 Persons Hemlock Wooden Barrel Sauna
- This barrel sauna is made for four people and can be used for indoor or outdoor use
- Constructed from 1-⅜ inch Canadian Western Hemlock
- Delivered to consumers partially assembled; CE certified and built-in vent holes
- Has a 4.5W Harvia sauna heater; a box of sauna stones; a sauna bucket and stones;
- There is no radiation involved when heating this sauna, it is all back to nature
- A customer review stated the sauna arrived with no assembly instructions included.
The RDX 4-6 Persons Hemlock Wooden Barrel Sauna is a more traditional sauna room that is capable of reaching a much higher and more stable of temperature far quicker than the FAR Infrared Sauna room does.
This barrel sauna comes with a tinted and tempered glass door that comes with its own self-closing hinges. Also, it has stainless steel bands, hinges, and fasteners. The frame, as well as the front and back walls, is made to be sturdy and durable.
The heater is a Finland Harvia electric heater, which comes with a heater guard, heating stones and a wiring kit.
5. Allwood Barrel Sauna #300-WHP Wood Heater
- This barrel sauna is 90 inches in length; that is 6 feet, 8 inches
- The frame of this sauna is made of 1-⅝” slow grown Nordic Spruce
- Roomy enough for six adults
- Comes with two boxes of fire starters
- There is assembly required
A barrel sauna offers 23% less heating space than a room of similar size with square walls and corners does. The cylinder shape of the barrel sauna provides a natural and uninterrupted flow of air because the air is pushed back onto the rounded walls of the barrel sauna.
If you are seeking a supreme sauna experience, then the Allwood Barrel Sauna #300 WHP Wood Heater is the sauna you are looking for. With a sauna room length of 90 inches (a full 6 feet, 8 inches) you are going to have a difficult time finding one any longer than the #300 model. Perfect for just going into and lying down to soak up some heat and relax.
Quick Buying Tips to Find the Best Best Barrel Sauna Kit
There are a few tips to keep in mind when you are in the market to buy a barrel sauna. Below are some quick buying tips to keep in mind.
- The first thing you need to consider when looking for a barrel sauna is what type of heater it has. There are wood-fired, gas, electric, of infrared heaters; you need to keep in mind that the type of heater you have for your sauna also depends on where it is going to be located.
- A wood-fired sauna heater is almost always used for an outdoor sauna. If you are looking for an economical heater, then the gas heater is more suitable; however, they do require some additional installation.
- Smaller electric units use a 120V outlet; however, the larger freestanding saunas will require a 240V outlet power source. Additionally, you are going to require a hard wire breaker as well as the services of an electrician to install it safely and correctly.
- The next thing you need to consider when looking to purchase a barrel sauna is the size. Are you looking for something portable and small for just a few people? Or are you looking for something much larger to host several people? Barrel saunas come in pre-built kits that are rather simple to assemble. Requiring very few tools or specialized knowledge.
- Another buyer’s tip to consider is that you should buy the largest sauna you can afford. Even if it were only for the two of you; wouldn’t you rather be able to fully stretch and enjoy the benefits of a sauna that is just a little larger than a two-person sauna?
As a summary about some of the five best barrel saunas available, this is only a sampling to whet your appetite when shopping for a barrel sauna. Barrel saunas are very effective in that they allow the buyer all the benefits of a traditional sauna as well as providing a great deal of space saving due to the unique design of the barrel sauna.