UPDATED: Jan 03, 2020.
Hayward PoolCleaner comes in 2 different types. We will talk about the 4-Wheel model in this article.
But it is worth mentioning that there is also a 2-Wheel model of the pool cleaner on the market. The 2-Wheel model is perfect for most pools but most people go for the 4-Wheel model when they have bigger pools. Actually, the 4-Wheel model is best for pools of over 40 feet long while the other model is ideal for a pool of up to 16 inches by 32 inches. If the vacuum suction port is in the middle, either of the 2 models will work for your pool. However, the 4-Wheel version is especially effective if the suction port is on the extreme end.
Hayward 4-Wheel Pool Cleaner features patented self-adjusting turbine vanes. These flexible vanes make sure that there is maximum power at all flows. Their ability to maneuver facilitates easy passage of huge debris to provide total cleaning with added peace of mind.
Another amazing feature of this cleaner is the patented tire treads. One look at the cleaner and you will notice these treads that give your cleaner an enhanced climbing ability and better maneuverability of obstacles, especially with primary drains. This makes the product perfect for all pool shapes (circles, ovals, triangles, etc) and surfaces (concrete, vinyl, etc).
In addition, the pool cleaner features multiple pre-set internal steering sequences, which makes the left wheel to occasionally reverse, enabling it to turn and then thus move to another direction. This stunning feature ensures side to side and back to front pool coverage and effective cleaning.
Furthermore, the unit comes with 3 interchangeable throats that enable optimization of the machine’s suction power at larger debris and lower flow passage. Due to this, it is the perfect suction cleaner to use with variable speed pumps. It will not disappoint you no matter the kind of pool of you want to clean – small or big.
The other thing that we need to mention is that the machine will pass over uneven surfaces making it perfect for an individual that wants to clean pools with ridges on the base to enhance traction for those with limited mobility and want to get in and out. This is easily achievable as it is possible to adjust the pool cleaner’s blades to the desired height, if the pre-set height isn’t good enough. The 4-Wheel model is also suitable for older pools that aren’t incorporated with a suction line.
It is also quite affordable; you only need to get a few hundred dollars to take this unit home. This will definitely depend on where you buy your unit. In general, the cleaner is relatively cheap given the service it provides. The other thing is that the machine is pretty quiet and easy to transport from one location to the other. It is also very easy to store this model – you don’t need to have a garage to store it.
Here is a video review of the Hayward 4-Wheel Pool cleaner.
- Patented tire treads for better climbing and better obstacle maneuvering.
- Patented self-changing turbine vanes that offer maximum power at all flows and enable passage of huge debris.
- Patented adjustable roller skirt that optimizes suction on rough and uneven surfaces.
- 4-wheel drive that cleans pools with deep ends and larger pools of up to 20 inches by 40 inches.
- Multiple pre-set internal steering sequences to ensure full pool cleaning.
- Quite and affordable product that doesn’t break your bank.
- Has a 4-wheel drive that enables it to clean bigger pools.
- Cleans pools with irregular shapes. It is even able to clean pools with ridges.
- The pool cleaner’s tire treads are durable and the wheels have indicators to notify you when they are worn out.
- It is relatively cheaper given its performance.
- It is able to pick up dead bugs, broken plastic, and leaves.
- It needs another set of tire for fiberglass and vinyl.
- It takes over 6 hours to clean a pool.
- Not possible to set it to start and stop at a certain interval.
With its 4-wheel drive, multiple pre-set internal steering sequences, patented changeable roller skirt, patented tire treads, and patented self-changing turbine vanes, you will surely fall in love with the Hayward Pool Cleaner. Plus, this unit is able to clean your rough-surface and irregular-shaped pool.